Smoothie Bowl

Sunday, August 07, 2016


For a while now I’ve been really into smoothie bowls. I find them a lot more fun than drinking a smoothie out of a straw and they seem to fill me up better for some reason. Maybe because I feel like I’m eating something instead of drinking it and it lasts longer? I also think they look prettier as you can put a variety of toppings on the top of them and take pretty photos – priorities!
I first based my recipe off of Lauren Conrad’s/ Martha Stewart’s raspberry and oatmeal smoothie. The recipe is as follows:
  • 1 cup of ice
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
  • 1 tbsp honey (optional – the banana adds enough sweetness for me)
  • 1/2 cup low fat yoghurt
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
I prefer when the smoothie has a thick consistency so I usually add more ice than the recipe suggests. I also make sure it’s crushed instead of cubed because sometimes the blender leaves big chunks in the smoothie.
I noticed after checking the recipe online again that both Lauren and Martha suggest 1/2 coconut water or any other liquid to help blend. However, this wasn’t on the recipe when I found it and I’ve never had to use any extra liquid but like I said I like it to be thicker.
I really love this recipe so I use it every time and just change up my toppings. I like to add chopped fruit, granola or cereal on top.
I’d love to know if anyone has any recipe recommendations? I tried making an acai bowl but I didn’t get the flavour combinations right and so it tasted like I was having alcohol for breakfast- not good.


– Amy x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts