Ombré Hair Care

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Now that it's winter, I have decided to go back to being a full brunette which is gonna take some getting used to given it's been a good 7 years. Since then I have been dark red, dark purple and currently have brown/blonde ombré which took a while to get right, given all the red pigment in my hair. Before my hair appointment tomorrow, I wanted to share the products I currently use to care for my ombré. I've taken the images from the brand websites as they look a lot prettier than the ones in my shower!







First up, shampoo. I use two different shampoos. The first one is Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash which was recommended by my hairdresser in Australia. I've used this shampoo for a really long time and am about to order a new one. This has been so super helpful to me since I arrived back in the UK because my hair was in for a big shock with the climate change and the hard water. It lasts ages, it lathers up really well which I was surprised with because I've had mixed results with salon shampoos in the past. It keeps my colour perfectly intact and I find that even before using conditioner, my hair feels really clean and soft, not straw-like. I can not recommend this shampoo enough, truly!


The second shampoo was recommended to me by my hairdresser here in the UK. She advised that if you're going to invest in a purple toning shampoo/conditioner, then the shampoo is probably the better one to buy. I followed her recommendation and bought the Bed Head Dumb Blonde Purple Toning Shampoo by TIGI. My original plan was going to be to use this shampoo and then use my Blonde.Angel conditioner but that didn't work out. I find the shampoo so so hard to lather up, that I end up using more product than I need to which leaves my hair more greasy than clean. Even people who have washed my hair over the sink for me have gotten annoyed with the lather-factor. I also find it leaves it quite dry after putting it on so I found a new plan of action. I use the Hydrate Me Wash, wash it out, do a second shampooing using the Dumb Blonde but only on the ombré, leave that on for a few minutes whilst I wash my face, rinse that out and continue with conditioning as per normal. I discussed this with my hairdresser and she said that was totally fine. Funnily enough, it lathers really well once you've already shampooed your hair once...maybe because your hair is wetter? I don't know.






Finally, Conditioner. In the past, I did use the Hydrate Me Rinse which is the conditioning sister to the Hydrate Me Wash which again I was really impressed with in regards to quality and softness of my hair. However, once I was noticing my ombré was looking dull, my Australian hairdresser recommended I use the Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel conditioner as it "refreshes and repairs brassy and yellowed blonde tones". Some people are put off by the colour of it as it's very purple but the purple has never shown in my hair. I can't speak for people who have silver/blonde hair all over but they've also made review comments that the colour is fine. It's a great conditioner that leaves your hair feeling like you've had a salon treatment and even with the hard water here, I rarely have to use any leave-in treatments. Now that I've run out of the product and am going back to brown, I might go back to using the Hydrate Me Rinse I think. 




I have tried quite a few of the Kevin Murphy products, for instance when I've run out and have to borrow Mum's but I won't do a review on each of them as I don't use them permanently. Always impressed and a big thumbs up from me though!

Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash £18.00
Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Rinse £19.00
Kevin Murphy Blonde.Angel £19.00
Bed Head Dumb Blonde by TIGI There is no price on the website but from memory I think I paid about £17.00


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts